TESís privacy program is based on Canadaís Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and applicable provincial privacy laws. Although TES has not undertaken an organization-wide initiative to address Europeís General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), when we receive custody of personal data belonging to a citizen/resident of the European Union, we can ensure that it is used, protected, processed and stored in accordance with the GDPR.
TES respects the privacy of individuals in all aspects of our business operations and takes all applicable privacy laws seriously. We are also committed to a plain-language approach to privacy; it should be quick and easy to read and understand:
- what information of yours we collect
- when and why
- who we share it with
- how we protect it
- how you can access it and correct/update it or ask for it to be deleted
- who is responsible for our privacy practice, and how to contact them
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, WHEN AND WHY?
We collect personal information (facts or opinions about an identifiable person) on the job-seekers that we interact with and place with our clients. We do not collect, use or share this information without securing informed consent from its owner, or anonymizing the information so that it can no longer be linked to an identifiable person. This information may include:
|WHAT WE COLLECT
||WHEN/WHY WE COLLECT IT
|When we add you to our candidate database and get to know you
- To contact you if there is a potential job of interest to you
- To request updated resume information, verify that you are still interested in being in our database, and check that the contact number/address is still valid
|Work history, qualifications, education, certifications, career goals, etc.
- To assess your suitability for a job placement, and to build a sense of what jobs are best for you
- To help you with career planning, and suggest upgrades/ certifications that can expand your marketability
|When there is a specific job/placement you are being considered for
|Date of birth and ID numbers
- To allow processing of background/criminal/etc. checks or security clearances, if a client requires it AND you give permission
- To allow us to contact your past employers/associates, and ask questions about your past performance
- To verify that you are entitled to work in Canada
|After you have been placed in a role
|Emergency contact information
- To contact someone who can help, in case of illness/unexpected absence
|Information on family / beneficiaries
- To set up benefits coverage, if you are placed in a role that includes benefits
- To process payments to you and report them correctly as required by law
We may also generate personal information as part of our interaction with job-seekers and placed candidates, such as:
- Interview notes
- Test/reference results
- Client feedback on job-seekers/placed contractors
TES never collects more personal information than is needed to fulfill these purposes, unless lawfully requested by the client and consented to by the individual.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
TES never trades, sells or leases your information. We only disclose your information as part of finding, screening and placing candidates in jobs, or as required to meet legal and regulatory requirements. We only share the information specifically needed for that purpose, and we secure your permission before collecting and using this information.
We share your information when:
- Supplying resume and related information to clients who are interested in hiring resources Ė either directly to the client, or to the managed services provider the client is using to collect resume information
- Submitting information to our provider of background/education/credit/etc. checks
- Submitting information to a government entity to allow generation of a security clearance as needed for a role
Personal information may also be accessible by TES trusted service providers such as data hosting providers and IT support. We take reasonable steps to ensure that any such third parties who we entrust with your personal information are reputable, and have safeguards and contractual commitments in place to protect this information.
CAN YOU WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT TO HAVING INFORMATION COLLECTED OR SHARED?
You have the right to withdraw your consent to having your information collected and/or shared. Contact our Privacy Officer (see below). Be aware that this may affect our ability to provide placement services to you.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We have policies/procedures and technologies in place to ensure that your personal information, in both paper and electronic format, is secure. This includes:
- TES premises are set up with controlled, supervised entry; all non-TES-employees are required to sign in and be escorted while in the offices.
- Access to electronic and paper files is limited on a need-to-know basis depending on job function.
- Password selection criteria and expiry make unauthorized access to our systems more difficult.
- TES data is stored in secure server facilities equipped with state of the art enterprise firewalls and accessed through encrypted connections.
- Filing cabinets containing personal information are locked, and only accessible to staff requiring that information to do their jobs.
- Paper records containing personal information are securely shredded.
- Staff training on the importance of privacy and security is undertaken regularly.
- Every contract we enter into with a client or service provider clearly outlines their obligation to protect your personal information and live up to the principles of privacy.
- TES will respond to any data breach or incident immediately upon discovery, in accordance with our privacy breach response procedure.
Note that information is often sent to us by individuals, or shared with clients, via e-mail. When individuals or clients use unencrypted e-mail, there are inherent risks of interception over which TES has no control. In using the services of TES, you are aware of such risks and understand that TES takes no responsibility and accepts no liability for any such interception.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND CHECK ITS ACCURACY?
Contact our Privacy Officer (see below) to get access to your personal information. You can ask for your information to be given to you in a portable, accessible format. If an administrative fee applies to your access request, you will be informed in advance. Let us know of any personal information that is incomplete, inaccurate, or no longer relevant; we will make appropriate modifications.
HOW CAN YOU ASK FOR YOUR INFORMATION TO BE DELETED/DESTROYED?
We retain your information as long as TES believes you are referable for/interested in placement opportunities. If you ask TES to destroy your file, we will do so, subject to legislative restrictions. For example, for temporary employment, we must retain your payroll information for seven years after you are taken off our payroll, in accordance with tax regulations.
HOW DO YOU FIND OUT ABOUT CHANGES TO THIS POLICY?
We review our current policy every time we place a contract resource. You can find the current policy online at
Active contractors with TES will also be informed of any significant changes to this policy.
HOW TO CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
TES takes full responsibility for the management and confidentiality of the personal information it collects. We have an internal Privacy Issue Handling Procedure for handling any privacy issues that may arise. If you have any concerns about this policy, or the way in which we are carrying it out, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write to:
40 Holly Street, Suite 500
Most recent update: July 30, 2020
WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
The Employment Solution has created this privacy statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. It also confirms your acknowledgement and consent to the following purposes for which The Employment Solution may use and disclose the information that you voluntarily provide to us through this website.
The following describes our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website: www.tes.net.
Information Automatically Logged
We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website, however, TES makes no attempt to link your IP address to you as a person.
Our site's registration form for the JobFinder /resume submission tool requires users to give us contact information (name, email, and postal address, etc.). Contact information from the registration form is used to get in touch with the candidate when necessary.
If you provide personal information to us via unencrypted e-mail, you should be aware of the inherent risks of interception over which we have no control.
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or the practices of this site, you can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.