Safety, Ethics, Environment
What is the EICC?
The Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition is a global alliance of electronics supply chain organizations; it has developed a code of conduct to improve working conditions, ensure fair and ethical employment practice, and promote reduction of environmental impact.
TES's Commitment to Global Citizenship
TES has joined the ranks of companies which have voluntarily adopted the EICC Code of Conduct, and urges others to do the same.
The EICC Code of Conduct includes commitments to corporate leadership in the areas of:
- Health and Safety
Private Sector, Public Disclosure
Part of the Code requires companies to disclose their environmental goals and their success in achieving them. As an office-based staff augmentation firm, TES does not face the same environmental challenges as mining, manufacturing, energy-producing or other players in our industry. However, we can still commit ourselves to local action that will make a difference.
TES already has many programs in place to reduce environmental impact, from choosing transit-friendly office locations, to recycling shredded confidential documents. However, we are constantly looking for new ways to improve our performance.
As of Q3 2019:
Our current environmental goals are:
- Work toward and maintain zero-fault results in our trash audits.
- Continue to decrease the percentage of paper-based communication sent out to clients, contractors, candidates and others.
- Ensure that the annual percentage of multi-site meetings held via teleconference does not drop below 90%.
- Ensure that the annual percentage of people using remote training does not drop below 70% (unless the reduction in percentage is due to a geographical shift in staff numbers).
- Ensure that the percentage of useable, securely wiped obsolete equipment donated to charity/recycle programs or purchased by employees does not drop below 100%.
Our record of regulatory fines and penalties to date is:
- Zero fines, zero penalties
See our Environmental Plan for more details.